How It Works
Steele Associates will provide the following services during the design and documentation phases of a project when engaged as cost consultants:
- Meet and liaise with client, architect and other consultants throughout the design and documentation phases of the project.
- Provide cost estimates beginning with preliminary estimates and refining to a complete lump sum tender as design decisions are made and information becomes available
- Provide and take full responsibility for cost plan services
- Advise on build-ability and cost issues in respect of architects and other consultant's documentation, assisting in developing solutions
- Advise on detailing, alternative structural systems, materials and finishes to yield construction economies, whilst maintaning architectural integrity
- Advise on the effects of site conditions in relation to construction time and cost, including advice on retention or demolition of existing improvements
- Provide a contruction program to be revised and refined as design decision are made and information becomes available
- Maintain professional indemnity insurance covering advice and other services provided.
If you enter into a construction contract with Steele Associates, the fees for the above services are reimbursed in full. There are also significant benefits for the client in knowing that the builder is intimately familiar with all aspects of the project prior to commencement on site.
If you'd like to know more about our cost consulting service, please contact us to discuss your requirements.